Thursday, September 16, 2010

Thursdays, Saturdays and an Auctioneer

We may have a date.

The PTA Board voted for March 12th - a Saturday.  I had recommended March 10th, but primarily on the grounds that, this late in the game, I knew we would have problems booking an auctioneer, caterer and a venue on a Saturday night in the middle of the spring auction season.

And sure enough, one auctioneer just laughed at me when I asked her about her availability on the 12th.  But another auctioneer here in town, who I like a lot, does have an opening.  I'm talking to him later today.  And to the preferred venue - lets keep our fingers crossed.

I still like the idea of Thursdays - the conventional wisdom is that a Thursday event is less of a party than a Saturday event would be.  But I've seen a few Thursday school auctions and they have all been great successes, so it isn't Destiny that a Thursday event will be a dud.  And the costs are lower (several venues around here will donate a Thursday night to a school for an auction). But hey, these things are group decisions, and as long as we can make it work, I don't need to be a rebel.


No comments:

Post a Comment