Friday, September 24, 2010

Checking In

Anyone who has ever chaired an auction will understand, when I apologize for not blogging for almost a week and explain why.

We're in a little bit of flux, regarding dates (the calendar was already almost full before I ever volunteered to do this), and the venue (there is a preferred venue whose calendar for next spring has very few available dates).  I think I have an auctioneer, but I've only confirmed him for one of the possible dates (which works on the school calendar, but not at the preferred venue).

Problems like these can make a person crazy, but there are many more crazy-making opportunities ahead of me. So I choose to see it as just the current challenge.  Auction chairs, like any managers, must take these in stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment