Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Venue headaches

This school has traditionally held its auction at one of the local arts centers.  It's a lovely old building, and a great choice.  I reserved it for our event back in the fall.

I wanted to swing by today to talk to the event manager about set-up; I'd put this off for a couple of months because a) I had attended auctions there before, and b) well, life has been throwing other stuff in my way. Sue me, I'm a volunteer.

Anyway, it became clear today that our event is likely going to need more space than they have available for us. The room where we would normally put the silent auction is available, but not until 6:30 that night.  It has enough room to seat the number of people we had at the last auction (in 2009), but I'd like to increase the attendance and think I can.

So, I'm considering alternatives.  More news as it breaks...

No comments:

Post a Comment